Friday 8 June 2007

Started painting.

Still moored above Greenham lock.
366 locks, 509½ miles, 16 Tunnels, 8 swing bridges and 9 lift bridges since Nov 2006

A perfect day for some serious painting was what greeted us this morning. Overcast and warm with little wind, just what the doctor ordered.
After sanding half of the roof, wiping it down with turps, and applying the primer undercoat it now is starting to look tidy again. While I had all the gear out I also sanded and primed some of the damage on the hull to make that look a bit more presentable.

Hopefully the weather will remain the same tomorrow and I will get the other half sanded and undercoated.
In my spare moments (ha ha!) I gave Derek (yes there are 2 of us) on n/b Kalimera a hand and some timber to tidy up his gas locker which had not been done very well from the beginning.
I am now off to have a nice hot shower to soothe away the aches and pains.

Narrowboats Kalimera and Gypsy Rover travelling together and
locking through an unusual sided lock on the River Kennet

No comments: