Saturday 7 July 2007

Service day.

Still moored at lock 74 Hungerford.
501 locks, 610½ miles, 18 Tunnels, 28 swing bridges and 9 lift bridges since Nov 2006

While checking everything in the engine hole I realised that the engine hours had crept up on me and the engine was overdue for a service. Luckily I had all the necessary bits and pieces on board so after a short warm up of the engine it was on with the boiler suit and get my hands dirty. I changed both the oil and fuel filters and happily I found that the latter was not as badly fouled as last time.
Other than a bit of shopping and catching up with some correspondence it has been a quiet day.
This afternoon there has been a lot of boats on the move heading towards Bath. They may be going to the Crofton pumping station bi centenary celebrations this week-end which includes the station operating on steam again for the special occasion. They only have about 4 live steam days a year and last week-end was one of them. There is to be a special plaque unveiled at the base of the chimney. I hope the weather improves for them.

No comments: