Monday 4 April 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

Sunset at Stone Crouch Cottage.Sunset last evening at Stone Crouch Cottage.

This morning I was back out at the lake fishing without success. Two other fishermen were more successful so after lunch I changed my rig to improve my chances.

Derek fishing at Stone Crouch cottage.Derek fishing at Stone Crouch cottage.

Being Mothers Day Tracey and Greg were coming over for lunch which turned out to be more like dinner as we didn’t get out until 4pm. The only place around here is a Little Chef restaurant where the food was OK but the decor left a lot to be desired.Greg and Tracey came back to the van for a coffee before heading home to London.

Second Mirror carp caught at Stone Crouch cottage.Second Mirror carp caught at Stone Crouch cottage.

As we had a late lunch I decided to head back out for some more fishing and this time I was more successful with 3 Carp to the tally. The last one into the landing net is a bit of a mystery. It put up a stronger fight than the larger Mirror carp I had already landed but it has large scales of the Mirror carp and the red fins of a Crucian or Common carp. Reading through some sites found on Google I got the impression that this fish could be a cross breed.

Only about 5lb but he put up a good fight. Looks like a Mirror Carp but I don't know about the red fins. A Crucian or Common / Mirror cross perhaps?Only about 5lb but he put up a good fight. Looks like a Mirror Carp but I don't know about the red fins. A Crucian or Common / Mirror cross perhaps?

No comments: